"Experience Online" internet links provide opportunities for
keyboarding, mouse skills, navigation, drag and drop and highlight/select text
. These links provide opportunities for students to practice skills
needed for ISTEP+ part 2. (Posted by John Wolf - IDOE)
Keyboard Practice: Type to Learn
Kindergarten Friendly Definitions
- Mouse-tool that allows you to move around your computer.
- Cursor-Usually a small arrow on the screen that moves when you move the mouse.
- Click- Using your pointer finger to select items on the screen.
- Symbol-a picture that shows something else like an arrow, stop button or play button.
- Select-Choosing something on a website or program.
- Drag and Drop- Is clicking on something that you would like to move across the screen.
| ||Students will navigate the website to begin and type keys that appear.|
|Students will practice finding the keys on the keyboard.|
different fun and age appropriate mouse games to practice mouse skills such as
pointing, clicking, dragging, and releasing.|
Mouse Skills: Demonstrate how to use the mouse.
Navigation: Demonstrates how to navigate through a website.
Drag & Drop: Demonstrate how pick up from one side of the website and place it on another side.
allow students to identify 2D & 3D shapes while they practice how to 'drag
students to practice short vowel sounds while they practice how to 'drag and
More Drag and Drop Practice Below