K-5 "Experience Online" internet links provide opportunities for keyboarding, mouse skills, navigation, drag and drop and highlight/select text . These links provide opportunities for students to practice skills needed for ISTEP+ part 2. (Posted by John Wolf - IDOE)
Keyboard Practice: Type to Learn
1st Grade Friendly Definitions
- Mouse-tool that allows you to move around your computer.
- Cursor-Usually a small arrow on the screen that moves when you move the mouse.
- Click- Using your pointer finger to select items on the screen.
- Symbol-a picture that shows something else like an arrow, stop button or play button.
- Select-Choosing something on a website or program.
- Drag and Drop- Is clicking on something that you would like to move across the screen.
- Link (Hyperlink)- usually text or a picture that a link will take you to view a new site, video, picture on any other file.
will practice finding the keys on the keyboard.|
|Students will navigate the website to begin and
type keys that appear.|
Mouse Skills: Mouse practice lessons
Navigation: Navigating through lessons